Form templates are used to create single-type web forms with a recurring set of fields.
If you want to create several web forms with the same or similar set of fields — first create a template, and then create a form using a template.
All available templates are stored with the Leadgen settings section-> Form templates.
Adding a new template
1. To add a new template, go to the Leadgen settings section Form Templates tab. Click «Create Template» and fill in the following fields on the form:
- title* — the name of the form in the Adlots system
- form title — the form header that will be displayed on the site or on the page (may be empty)
- send data to the mail — specify the mail to which to send trigger messages about the form’s fill (may be blank)
2. Click «Save» and the template will be added to the system.
This example shows how to add a text field and a form submit button. Read more about field types.
Click «Add Field» for the desired template. On the field adding form fill in the following fields:
- type — depending on the type of field, a text field, checkbox, drop-down list, etc will be displayed on the form
- field name — HTML attribute name for the field
- the header — is a label that is displayed next to the input field
- placeholder — is a short clue that describes the expected value. It is displayed in the text field until the user enters the value
Click «Save» to complete the operation of adding a field.
To add a submit button, click «Add field» for the desired template. Fill out the following fields on the form:
- Field type, select «Send button»
- header — specify the text that will be displayed on the button
Complete the procedure of field adding by clicking «Save» button.
If for some reason you have forgetten to add the submit button — you will see a warning message » no send button».
List of template fields
A field list of a particular template can be viewed by clicking the «Total» button. On this page you can perform such actions:
- view summary information about all fields of the template;
- add or remove fields;
- edit existing fields;
Field Types for a Form Template
Using a custom set of fields, you can build a form that will allow you to get the most valuable customer data for you. Using typed fields prevents incorrect data from entering into form fields and minimizes typos and errors. For example, the user will not be able to enter alphabetic characters in the field with the type «phone». Below is a list of all available fields:
- single-line text
- radio button
- drop-down list
- file download
- delete button
- send button
Editing a template
To edit a template in the Leadgen settings section Form templates, click the Edit button. A form will appear in front of you which is similar to the form of the adding. Edit the required fields and click «Save».
Creating a form from a template:
To create a form from the template, go to the Leadgen section of the Web Form settings. When creating the form (link to the doc on this section) select the desired template in the «Create from template» field.