Web forms are used for posting on websites and landing pages. With their help you can get information from visitors using the typical fields: text field, checkbox, drop-down list, button, etc.
Managing web forms and a set of fields is performed in the Leadgen settings → Forms section.
Creating a new form
To create a new form, go to the Leadgen settings→Forms section and click «Create form». Fill in the following information in a new window:
- Title* — the name of the form in the Adlots system;
- Form Title — the title of the form to be displayed on the page; select one of the values for the successful form sending message:
- url for redirection — if you need to redirect the user to a new page after sending the form. A link to this page is specified in the input field;
- a message of gratitude (success) — if you need to show the user a message in the pop-up window after sending the form. Type the message in the input field.
- Website* — from the drop-down list, select the websites which the form will be placed on;
- Create from the template — leave this field blank if you do not want to use the template;
If you want to use a template when creating the form, select one of the available templates from the drop-down list and in the «Strictly depends on the template» field, specify «Yes» if the form and the list of its fields can be edited only by changing the template (used in cases when it is necessary make changes to several forms simultaneously). If the form does not depend on the template, specify «No» in the field «Strictly depends on the template».
- send data to the mail — specify the e-mail addresses (separated by commas) where to send data about sending forms;
- mail template — from the drop-down list, select the template for the letter that you want to send the user after he sent the form.
This example shows how to add a text field and a form submit button. Read more about field types.
Click «Add Field» for the desired form. On the field addition form, fill in the following fields:
- type — depending on the type of field, a text field, checkbox, drop-down list, etc will be displayed on the form;
- field name — HTML attribute name for the field;
- header — is a label that is displayed next to the input field;
- placeholder — is a short clue that describes the expected value. It is displayed in the text field until the user has entered a value.
Click «Save» to complete the procedure of adding a field.
To add a submit button, click «Add field» for the desired template. Fill out the following fields on the form:
- field type, select «Send button»;
- header — specify the text that will be displayed on the button.
Complete the procedure by clicking «Save».
If for some reason you have forgetten to add the submit button — you will see a warning message » no send button».
List of form fields
A field list of a particular form can be viewed by clicking the «Total» button. On this page you can perform such actions:
- view summary information about all fields of the form;
- add or remove fields;
- edit existing fields.
Using a custom set of fields, you can build a form that will allow you to get the most valuable customer data for you. Using typed fields prevents incorrect data from entering into form fields and minimizes typos and errors. For example, the user will not be able to enter alphabetic characters in the field with the type «phone». You will find a list of all available fields below:
- single-line text
- radio button
- drop-down list
- file download
- delete button
- send button
Editing a form
To edit a web form in the Leadgen settings→Forms section, click the «Edit» button. Edit the required fields and click «Save».